Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4180 in lilypond: "trying to freeze in time" f

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4180 in lilypond: "trying to freeze in time" from unusual time signatures
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2014 19:24:23 +0000

Comment #2 on issue 4180 by address@hidden: "trying to freeze in time" from unusual time signatures

LilyPond uses 64-bits (acutally, 'long long int') for numerator and denominator of rational numbers, but makes a blunder in the compare function return r.sign_ * ::sign ((I64) (r.num_ * s.den_) - (I64) (s.num_ * r.den_)); The example above reaches moments in time where the numerators times denominators exceed the capacity of 64 bits. Other operations, including subtraction, were written more carefully.

Any reasonable numbers in the time signature avoid the problem.