Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4206 in lilypond: Web: Add Elaine Gould's Behi

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4206 in lilypond: Web: Add Elaine Gould's Behind Bars to the literature list
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 08:08:14 +0000

Updates:
        Labels: -Patch-push Patch-needs_work

Comment #6 on issue 4206 by address@hidden: Web: Add Elaine Gould's Behind Bars to the literature list

On 10/12/14 16:17, Urs Liska wrote:>
Am 10.12.2014 17:06, schrieb Villum Sejersen:
Hello Trevor and whoever took the trouble to write thge entry (I
simply can't find the name anywhere)

Yes. concise enough. Personally, although I don't like 'The
definitive...'; 'An exhaustive...' is much more to my liking.

I am still hoping for Han-Wen and Jan sometime to comment the book
somewhere... :) Elaine Gould's book and the Lilypond project were
commenced around the same time! I do sincerely believe that many of
Eleanor Gould's recommendations and her don'ts are already met by
Lilypond, even in the default configurations! Not to mention by the
many power users, whose skills ever astound me.

What about adding a reference to the german translation (2014)? It is
not that often reference works are translated so early after the
publication of the original, so I think it ought to be mentioned.

"Hals über Kopf. Das Handbuch des Notensatzes", Edition Peters, 2014

For all non-natives: "Hals über Kopf" is a similar pun as the English
title, literally translating to "neck over head", musically meaning
"stem over head".

Urs