Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4191 in lilypond: Patch: Add \first-visible ma

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4191 in lilypond: Patch: Add \first-visible markup command
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 09:15:21 +0000

Comment #28 on issue 4191 by address@hidden: Patch: Add \first-visible markup command

I just want to throw another suggestion in the ring that for no rational reason I can discern has a nicer ring to me: \first-of. That's not really semantically different from \first (which I don't like). We don't want another long bikeshedding session here so unless you like it better (and/or others say "oh that's nicer") just go ahead with \first-visible.

Apropos: I'm putting you on the developer list on Savannah so that you can push this patch yourself. Most important rule is: no push to master. When in doubt, ask on the developer list and/or read our contributor documentation. If something feels strange, ask back on the developer list: not everything in our contributor documentation is always up to date.