[Lilypond-auto] Issue 4200 in lilypond: Website: interactive guide to li

From: lilypond
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4200 in lilypond: Website: interactive guide to lilypond syntax
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 22:06:59 +0000

Owner: ----
CC: address@hidden
Labels: Type-Documentation

New issue 4200 by address@hidden: Website: interactive guide to lilypond syntax

I found this nice suggestion by Janek in the archives:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2013-07/msg00038.html

The main purpose is encouraging new users to try lilypond before installing anything. A simple way could be adding a prominent link to tunefl/lilybin live preview.

Even better, creating an interactive tutorial similar to these:

http://tryhaskell.org/
http://try.github.io/levels/1/challenges/1

This requires javascript.. don't know how the developers team would feel about it. Currently the javascript used is almost nothing (just google analytics and the pondings).

Perhaps someone will create a website for this sort of things and we'll add a link to it..
I'm adding the idea here so that it doesn't get lost.