Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4192 in lilypond: breath marks placed incorrec

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4192 in lilypond: breath marks placed incorrectly when using the ly/satb.ly template
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 21:53:03 +0000

Comment #5 on issue 4192 by tdanielsmusic: breath marks placed incorrectly when using the ly/satb.ly template

Only one commit looks related between those two releases: e04d2f37f505bd6de6ae8b3923de9b68a3a64455

    Simplify the handling of neighbor columns.

    Now we keep track of only one left-neighbor and one right-neighbor
    for each column.  This makes the loose column determination simpler
    and less fragile.  Also, we now use a spacing wish if it has
    any right-item in the appropriate column (before, we only used it
    if its left-most right-item was in the appropriate column).  This
    fixes the ad-hoc loose-column determination for strict note
    spacing.

This suggests another work-around:
  \override Score.NonMusicalPaperColumn.allow-loose-spacing = ##f

This causes no observable effect on the score in which this bug was apparent (a 9-page SATB-piano score), apart from correcting the spacing problem with breath marks within stretches of spacer rests.

Anyone know what the adverse effects of this override might be?

Trevor