Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 1321 in lilypond: Enhancement: add partcombine

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 1321 in lilypond: Enhancement: add partcombineUp and partcombineDown functions
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2014 04:47:08 +0000

Comment #36 on issue 1321 by address@hidden: Enhancement: add partcombineUp and partcombineDown functions

Discussion on the patch makes it clear that we can easily format the output of \partcombine as we like. \partcombine does the work of finding the solo, unison, and chord-able sections from two parts, and distributing the into voices. These voices are engraved in the normal way, which we can control if we know their names.

soprano = { d''2 f'' g'' }
tenor = { r1  c''2 }
basso = { d'4 e' f' g' g'2 }

\new Staff <<
    \new Voice {\voiceOne \soprano}

    \override Staff.CombineTextScript.direction = # DOWN
    \context Voice ="one" { \voiceFour }
    \context Voice ="two" { \voiceTwo }
    \context Voice ="shared" { \voiceFour }
    \context Voice ="solo" { \voiceFour }

    \partcombine \tenor \basso >>

The difficult part is including the alto part. We could use two \partcombine expressions in the staff, if we could make them output distinct-ly names Voices for alto-soprano and for tenor-bass.