Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4089 in lilypond: NR: Add better indication th

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4089 in lilypond: NR: Add better indication that the automatic lilypond 'footer' string is known as a 'tagline'
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 12:19:13 +0000

Comment #2 on issue 4089 by address@hidden: NR: Add better indication that the automatic lilypond 'footer' string is known as a 'tagline'

The question is whether we should not change the name altogether. If I take a look at the nomenclature of plain TeX, we have \headline and \footline as the respective lines on the page.

In LaTeX, we have things like address@hidden and address@hidden (without an interface of their own). titleps.sty provides commands like \sethead and \setfoot for changing them.

So even while there is not much of a consistent naming here, it's pretty obvious that replacing "head" with "foot" will get you down from the top to the bottom.

"tag", in contrast, does not carry much mnemonic value.