Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3066 in lilypond: tie in TabStaff (using q) di

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3066 in lilypond: tie in TabStaff (using q) displays one of the unisone notes in a chord
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2014 20:49:54 +0000

Updates:
        Labels: -Fixed_2_19_16

Comment #11 on issue 3066 by address@hidden: tie in TabStaff (using q) displays one of the unisone notes in a chord

This does not seem like a good idea. When looking at some test cases for issue 461, the following takes a turn for the worse:
\relative {
  <dis ais' cisis fis bis>2 ~
  <e g d' fis b>
  <dis  cisis' fis bis>2 ~
  <e g d' fis b>
  <dis  cisis' fis bis>2 ~
  <e g cisis fis b>
}
What I get here is warnings and the first image. After reverting, I get the second image which is correct within the frame of issue 461 not being fixed.

Now I really did not understand _why_ the test cases here were fixed by the patch, but the patch seemingly just shifts the problem around.

I am reverting the patch. This needs further investigation. Reverted in staging as
commit 411e7cffde1e99d70c1bc03cbd7cc9e027fa9ba9
Author: David Kastrup <address@hidden>
Date:   Sat Oct 18 22:48:34 2014 +0200

Revert "Issue 3066: tie in TabStaff (using q) displays one of the unisone notes in a chord"

    This reverts commit 173901d59517358cb284633fcfdd216bca05a790.

Attachments:
        mik1.png  7.2 KB
        mik2.png  7.5 KB