Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 940 in lilypond: unify announcement methods

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 940 in lilypond: unify announcement methods
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 22:58:07 +0000

Comment #6 on issue 940 by address@hidden: unify announcement methods

The email announcements may be automated through git hooks. I made a quick test with git-multimail:
https://github.com/mhagger/git-multimail

Short instructions to test it locally.

1. Install sendmail (I could not solve the problem with the hostname though)

2. create a bare git repository, which acts as the server.
In this repository you should copy under hooks/ the following two files:
https://github.com/mhagger/git-multimail/blob/master/git-multimail/git_multimail.py
https://github.com/mhagger/git-multimail/blob/master/git-multimail/post-receive

Then you can add the settings needed:

    git config multimailhook.environment "generic"
    git config multimailhook.announceList "address@hidden"

3. create a new git repository which tracks the previous repository as remote When you make a simple commit, no email will be sent, because you didn't define multimailhook.mailingList. But when you add an annotated tag and push it to remote, an email will be sent to the email defined before.

Conclusion: I could not make it work because my sendmail configuration is not correct, but if Savannah has sendmail and we can use it it should work fine.