Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4131 in lilypond: Patch: Reimplement forced pa

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4131 in lilypond: Patch: Reimplement forced partcombine decisions via context properties
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2014 04:39:13 +0000

Comment #10 on issue 4131 by address@hidden: Patch: Reimplement forced partcombine decisions via context properties

So the basic advice would be not to have more than one part give an instruction
differing from the default \partcombineAutomatic at the same time

If anyone fails to notice or understand or remember that advice, the results can be confusing.

The only suggestion I can think of, if there is benefit to forcing the partcombine choices via a context property, is to set that property at the Staff. Ideally it would be set at the same level where the part_combine_engraver lives, but I see that the Scheme \partCombine does most of the work and is independent of the engraver. Maybe set the flags for partcombineApart, etc., in the parent context to Voice.