Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4155 in lilypond: Patch: Add original-breaks.l

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4155 in lilypond: Patch: Add original-breaks.ly commands
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2014 12:43:41 +0000

Comment #5 on issue 4155 by address@hidden: Patch: Add original-breaks.ly commands

The use case is individual enough that, if we were talking about LaTeX, it would not belong in the core LaTeX but in an optional package.

For better or worse, command line flags can only be defined by the core. For better or worse, keep-original-breaks would not really be something we would want to define as a core option of LilyPond.

However, we could define two core options keep-tags and remove-tags and cause LilyPond to run everything through the respective commands when scorifying music.

That would provide a generic facility. One could use your particular use case perfectly well as an example for documenting that facility: it is definitely an _obvious_ use case. I just don't think it stands out in a way where it would make good sense to implement it as an _only_ use case.