Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4125 in lilypond: Patch: Disable character set

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4125 in lilypond: Patch: Disable character set recognition
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 22:21:00 +0000

Comment #9 on issue 4125 by address@hidden: Patch: Disable character set recognition

The given commit id is in my repository in a branch. It corresponds with 241314... except for the latter including an additional include file (necessary to have GUILEV2 defined properly, I think, noticed in the last moment). c628a15... corresponds to the Rietveld issue apart from the changes mentioned in comment #7, the #ifdef GUILEV2. So unless I am mistaken, the changes pushed correspond to those in the Rietveld issue apart from the last-minute addition of _only_ making the changes active when compiling with GUILEV2.

You are right that the version actually in master is named
commit 241314869ffedc026a5d151925aa7f6b64679ad1
Author: David Kastrup <address@hidden>
Date:   Mon Sep 22 15:53:56 2014 +0200

    Issue 4125: Disable character set recognition

    GUILE 1.8 presumably does not make use of the LC_CTYPE information and
    just does its input/output/string processing in 8bit chunks.  For the
    sake of getting comparable results at first when working on GUILE 2.0,
    we switch off character set recognition here.

    At a later point of time, integration with the character processing of
    GUILEĀ 2.0 may be attempted but since this is an entirely new can of
    worms with its own performance pitfalls, we put this aside for now.

Sorry for getting this mixed up.