Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4142 in lilypond: Patch: Make skipTypesetting

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4142 in lilypond: Patch: Make skipTypesetting skip time signatures.
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 21:54:04 +0000

Comment #5 on issue 4142 by address@hidden: Patch: Make skipTypesetting skip time signatures.

I agree with you about the appearance. Some comments in https://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=1543 are probably relevant.

The background of this change is that my work-in-progress code to warn about mid-measure time signature changes was being triggered when skipTypesetting was set back to false in mid measure. One possibility is to live with those warnings, and this patch shows another. A third that might work is to warn only for explicit time signature changes at the point of the event. Let me know what you think of that.