[Lilypond-auto] Issue 4139 in lilypond: Add functionality to string numb

From: lilypond
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4139 in lilypond: Add functionality to string numbers
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2014 23:54:40 +0000

Owner: address@hidden
Labels: Type-Enhancement

New issue 4139 by address@hidden: Add functionality to string numbers

Proposed by Valentin Villenave:

here's a thought: the shorthand syntax for string numbers is so useful
that it shouldn't be limited to fretted strings, but could also come
handy for unfretted strings notation.  This is the less dirty way I
could find of making that happen.

(Sidebar: When adding the \romanStringNumbers shorthand, I tried to
include something in the way of placing the roman-numered string
indications below the staff rather than above. But I couldn't find a way
of doing that without completely resetting the stringNumberOrientations
context property (which I can't access at this point, even less "stash"
somewhere so it could be reverted down the line). If someone has an idea
or if I'm doing this wrong, please let me know.)

Make string numbers more versatile

This commit adds a number-type property that
allows for different numbering styles, as
well as user-exposed predefined commands
to easily switch between default guitar-like
string numbers and roman numerals more suitable
for unfretted strings.

Additionally, the number formatting function
previously used only in fret-diagrams, is now
available for possibly wider use.

Please review this at https://codereview.appspot.com/145490043/

Affected files (+110, -18 lines):
  M Documentation/changes.tely
  M Documentation/notation/fretted-strings.itely
  M Documentation/notation/unfretted-strings.itely
  A input/regression/string-number-styles.ly
  M ly/property-init.ly
  M scm/define-grob-properties.scm
  M scm/define-grobs.scm
  M scm/fret-diagrams.scm