Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3980 in lilypond: Patch: Adds incipit section

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3980 in lilypond: Patch: Adds incipit section to NR
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 14:53:31 +0000

Comment #29 on issue 3980 by address@hidden: Patch: Adds incipit section to NR

Phil, I'm currently getting buried under several issues. My preferred manner of doing this would be to inherit the outer Staff.InstrumentName setting: any example which would then choose to change the instrument name setting would not need additional explanations. That would be best done with a property callback/override mechanism that allows accessing the old value.

I really need to get the GUILEv2 port today to the situation where it does not crash in GhostScript (an encoding problem). I'll try working on the callback thing next.

It's still a "bird in the bush" so I can't blame you for focusing on the one in your hand. It would just make sense not to invest too much work in a direction that might become obsolete, so I'd probably recommend leaving the alignment off for now, and I hope that in two days you can, if you want to, add it at the normal place (probably context modification for the basic \Staff) where there would not be a real need for explanation.

The simple override in \incipit { ... } would also work as long as no \grace is involved (unlikely in an incipit). But would probably require a bit more explanation.