Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4044 in lilypond: \addlyrics doesn't work with

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4044 in lilypond: \addlyrics doesn't work with custom-defined Voice contexts
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2014 08:38:52 +0000

Updates:
        Owner: address@hidden

Comment #1 on issue 4044 by address@hidden: \addlyrics doesn't work with custom-defined Voice contexts

That FooVoice is an alias of Voice can only be determined at iteration time while \addlyrics is a compile-time syntactic feature. From the parser's standpoint,
\new FooVoice { c'1 } \addlyrics { lol }
is indistinguishable from
\new Staff { c'1 } \addlyrics { lol }

So the main challenge is doing the right thing with the latter. I'm currently in the process of working on related stuff that would likely make something useful fall out here, so I am marking this issue as started.