Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3832 in lilypond: Assertion when the version s

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3832 in lilypond: Assertion when the version string contains more than dots and numbers.
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2014 07:40:37 +0000

Updates:
        Labels: -Patch-push Fixed_2_19_14

Comment #5 on issue 3832 by address@hidden: Assertion when the version string contains more than dots and numbers.

Pushed to staging as
commit 3a92b9350ec40cb050934f9632c92d2c0d1d1fc3
Author: David Kastrup <address@hidden>
Date:   Wed Sep 3 19:29:27 2014 +0200

    Issue 3832: react sanely to ill-formed version strings

    Mostly, this cleans up Lilypond_version

    We no longer convert to int because it is weird, but we still want
    version comparisons.  Conversion to bool for checking validity seems
    nice in addition.

    And bombing out because of invalid data to String_convert::dec2int
    seemed definitely non-nice.  This version requires specifying at
    least major and minor version number explicitly separated by dots.

    It accepts a trailing dot, too.  A trailing extra_patch_string after
    major.minor.patchlevel. is also accepted but not interpreted.

commit 0627899b489d2d7ebe3e3733e27f3fd39a619b53
Author: David Kastrup <address@hidden>
Date:   Wed Sep 3 17:44:05 2014 +0200

    Don't verify result of String_convert::dec2int

    The error behavior is not useful and triggers on things like "00".