Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4093 in lilypond: put NullVoice in Staff by de

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4093 in lilypond: put NullVoice in Staff by default
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2014 05:34:18 +0000

Comment #5 on issue 4093 by address@hidden: put NullVoice in Staff by default

And I protested against that patch even then.

To accommodate this properly might necessitate changes in C++. As a rule of thumb, take the first naive approach of trying to get the desired functionality and then "make it so that it works" by changing fundamentally what kept it from working. We don't want to implement things by poking around in internals. If the internals don't fit, we either need to change them outright, or provide clean knobs for adapting their behavior. Providing knobs is the worse alternative of the two since it means the user has to chose between useful functionalities rather than have all.