Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 346 in lilypond: monochord issues

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 346 in lilypond: monochord issues
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2014 19:08:25 +0000

Comment #16 on issue 346 by address@hidden: monochord issues

The examples in comment #6 do not look like chords, and their context has three voices in the staff, so I think the two notes on the same pitch are in different voices.

When we make a unison of whole notes between voices, we cannot show the two voices with a double-stem, so we need to print both heads, and the image in comment #6 does so.

Monochords are rare, and even more rare in whole notes, but the image in comment #12 shows how to overlap the heads so they appear as a chord.

Let LilyPond continue to distinguish the two cases