Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4028 in lilypond: Automatic beaming of grace n

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4028 in lilypond: Automatic beaming of grace notes inhibits beam subdivision
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2014 09:34:56 +0000

Updates:
        Labels: -Type-Ugly Type-Defect

Comment #3 on issue 4028 by address@hidden: Automatic beaming of grace notes inhibits beam subdivision

This problem has been introduced in 2.17.28. It barely escapes being labelled "regression" since I have seen it trigger only in situations where an autobeamed grace group is generated, and so we only see the symptoms in situations that now have an expectation of different behavior from before. Manual grace beaming avoids it, reducing the leading grace group by one note (such that no auto beam is generated in the grace group) _also_ avoids it.

I have no actual idea about the relation to autobeamed grace notes or whether it is possible to trigger this problem in another way or whether the fix is good for every conceivable problem case.