Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4076 in lilypond: allow bn for B-natural in En

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4076 in lilypond: allow bn for B-natural in English
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2014 08:43:41 +0000

Comment #22 on issue 4076 by address@hidden: allow bn for B-natural in English

The main problem I see is that c will never mean c sharp. Not with the current notename framework.

I don't know how to interpret "Let them use Dutch": let them use the English notename language in the current "Dutch" manner of thinking in "absolute" notenames (which we really cannot escape without a rearchitecture), or let them use the Dutch note language in the first place.

The latter is of course always an option, but I actually seem to remember that some people prefer the English notenames pretty much solely because they are more economic for notes with accidentals. This particular reason for choosing the English notename language does not seem to be compatible in spirit with explicit use of bn...