Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4076 in lilypond: allow bn for B-natural in En

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4076 in lilypond: allow bn for B-natural in English
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 08:17:44 +0000

Comment #20 on issue 4076 by address@hidden: allow bn for B-natural in English

I would start with asking on the user list first: should I try proposing a text for the question here?

If that resolves positively, I'd suggest tackling the documentation completely: this will give more insights into how this fits into our overall concepts. It should also make clearer whether we should be adding long forms anatural bnatural cnatural dnatural enatural fnatural gnatural which seem logical but look even uglier to me than their already ugly unnatural long cousins.

Considering long-accidental English notenames in general, it would be worth noting that they are most likely going to be used only in exposed situations like \key fsharp\major and that we _could_ these days provide notenames with a dash inside like \key f-sharp\major. Something like

    \key a-flat\major ... \key a-natural\major

looks a lot better to me than its dashless alternative

    \key aflat\major ... \key anatural\major

Anyway, different topic. But probably made more interesting by the anatural question.