Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4077 in lilypond: allow ottava bracket to vani

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4077 in lilypond: allow ottava bracket to vanish
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 07:32:15 +0000

Comment #9 on issue 4077 by address@hidden: allow ottava bracket to vanish

Fixing issue 3690 solves this issue fairly well, it seems, if we let the line portion of the bracket become very short. Maybe we should let the issue 3690 patch be the default. If anyone needs or wants brackets to disappear, the method minimum-length=#0 seems reasonably-easy to learn from the documentation. The default 8va text, with the 8 just left of the note-head for issue 3690, is quite clear when the brackets disappear. If anyone has substituted the text 8 for 8va, it looks more clear over one note with a short bracket.