Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4064 in lilypond: Bad example for \notemode in

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4064 in lilypond: Bad example for \notemode in Documentation/notation/changing-defaults.itely
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 14:40:28 +0000

Updates:
        Owner: tdanielsmusic
        Cc: -tdanielsmusic

Comment #3 on issue 4064 by tdanielsmusic: Bad example for \notemode in Documentation/notation/changing-defaults.itely

The problem is, without your insight of the inner workings,
it is not possible to distinguish what is easily fixed from
what is fundamentally unfixable.  I totally agree with you:
we need to be far more questioning of behaviour we consider
awful.  Also, it would be good if developers got into the
habit of raising a documentation issue immediately they push
a change which might have implications for the documentation,
even if that says no more than, "Investigate if any documentation
changes are needed following ..."

I'll wait a couple of days in case someone comes up with a
proper example requiring \notemode.  If none is forthcoming
I'll put up a patch removing that now-misleading example.

Trevor