Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4022 in lilypond: Patch: Allow specifying diff

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4022 in lilypond: Patch: Allow specifying different alignment for grob and its parent
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2014 08:31:06 +0000

Comment #39 on issue 4022 by address@hidden: Patch: Allow specifying different alignment for grob and its parent

Regarding comment #38: I don't see the point. We don't use such setter functions elsewhere (except as some convenience functions \hide/\omit but not because the underlying properties are managed so messy that we need to hide the details) and we still need to provide backwards compatibility and derive our actual alignment values from grob properties.

So we still need to figure out what values to map our usecases to. While a user interface makes it easier to change the details of the underlying implementation, I don't think that this buys us anything here.