Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4022 in lilypond: Patch: Allow specifying diff

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4022 in lilypond: Patch: Allow specifying different alignment for grob and its parent
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 07:51:43 +0000

Comment #24 on issue 4022 by address@hidden: Patch: Allow specifying different alignment for grob and its parent

I think that parent-alignment-X = ##f should be strictly reserved for letting the reference point (0) of the parent come through like it does for InstrumentName.self-alignment-Y = ##f in incipits.

For LyricText I see two approaches: parent-alignment-X = #'() as an indicator for shadowing self-alignment-X, or using a different callback for offset-X altogether. The latter is apparently what we have as of 2.18.

At any rate, I am not convinced that the alignment parent is chosen optimally in cases like
{ \override NoteHead.font-size = 8
  <c cis ces d dis des> q q q
} \addlyrics {
  \override LyricText.self-alignment-X = #LEFT
  One
  two
  \override LyricText.self-alignment-X = #RIGHT
  three
  four
}

It would appear to me that the parent should not be a particular notehead but more likely something comprising several of them. NoteColumn? Just guessing here.