Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4036 in lilypond: Patch: Revert "Issue 3978: M

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4036 in lilypond: Patch: Revert "Issue 3978: Merge alignment cleanup"
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 05:04:54 +0000

Comment #9 on issue 4036 by address@hidden: Patch: Revert "Issue 3978: Merge alignment cleanup"

The docs linked above start with a painfully complicated qualifier
"The horizontal alignment of an object which supports the self-alignment-interface is controlled by the value of the self-alignment-X property, provided the object's X-offset property is set to ly:self-alignment-interface::x-aligned-on-self."

Actually, self-alignment-X does has sensible effect if the object's X-offset is set to some other self-alignment-interface property (such as aligned-on-x-parent) but the effect is different from that assumed in those doc examples (as we see after Janek had Fingering align-on-parent).

If we want Fingering to self-align on parent, rather than self-align on-self (which really meant self-align on the center of its parent, due to some tricky code you can see in the revert linked above) the documentation will need some updating. Along with something in onvert-ly.