Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4005 in lilypond: Patch: Set X-parent of TextS

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4005 in lilypond: Patch: Set X-parent of TextScript to NoteColumn instead of PaperColumn
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2014 06:48:15 +0000

Updates:
        Labels: -Patch-push Fixed_2_19_11

Comment #17 on issue 4005 by address@hidden: Patch: Set X-parent of TextScript to NoteColumn instead of PaperColumn

Pushed as

commit 2371d6ba3b62d4d6dc349ab50fa0d76eadfba044
Author: Janek WarchoĊ‚ <address@hidden>
Date:   Sun Jun 29 18:25:04 2014 +0200

Issue 4005: Set X-parent of TextScript to NoteColumn instead of PaperColumn

    This makes TextScripts consistent with DynamicTexts and LyricTexts.
    This is a follow-up to commit 59a842eba0f7ad78289a58a (Issue 2245).

    Setting TextScript.cross-staff property to #f is required to ensure
    that there are no collisions between TextScripts and cross-staff notes:

    \context PianoStaff <<
      \new Staff = "up" {
        b8[
        \change Staff="down"
        d'] ^"text"
      }
      \new Staff = "down" {
        \clef bass
        s4
      }

    (see also beam-cross-staff-auto-knee.ly)

    As far as I can see, we don't want TextScript.cross-staff to be true
    in any situation, because it would result in unwanted collisions.

Why it worked before: cross-staff property in this example evaluated to #f,
    but only because of a bug in Script_interface::calc_cross_staff.  That
    function should have marked the TextScript as cross-staff if the stem
    of the note to which TextScript was attached was cross-staff, but it
    didn't work correctly because it expected the parent of the TextScript
    to be a NoteColumn, while it actually was a PaperColumn.  When I changed
    the parent to be a NoteColumn, the function started working correctly
    and marked the TextScript as cross-staff, so I had to change the default
    value of the property.

Thanks!