Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 1005 in lilypond: syntax highlighting in the d

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 1005 in lilypond: syntax highlighting in the docs
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2014 07:13:10 +0000

Updates:
        Cc: address@hidden

Comment #9 on issue 1005 by address@hidden: syntax highlighting in the docs

Recent comment from Urs:

For lilypond-devel: We had talked about this option for the LilyPond manuals. Having had my first experience I think we should give that another thought. Have a look at the commit
https://github.com/openlilylib/openlilylib/commit/568c3ef1c70dfa5619ae3a5c20ff78e1cc5a6eb2
to see how "much" code was necessary to achieve that.

I don't know the documentation build process, so I don't know where one could put that step in. What's necessary is to run python code to convert simple <pre></pre> content to styled HTML (as in the referenced commit). Additionally it's necessary to have Frescobaldi's python-ly installed on the machine, so that would be an additional (weak) requirement for the build system's configuration. (A developer would _not_ be forced to install it, but without he would simply get plaintext output).
And it's necessary to add a CSS file to the distribution.