[Lilypond-auto] Issue 4014 in lilypond: Patch: Add an expert font tree i

From: lilypond
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4014 in lilypond: Patch: Add an expert font tree interface
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 08:16:03 +0000

Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Enhancement Patch-new

New issue 4014 by address@hidden: Patch: Add an expert font tree interface

Add an expert font tree interface

See
    http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2014-07/msg00281.html
for the goals;  the proposed font tree interface allows for a very
fine-grained mapping of fonts to LilyPond's default font-families as well
as introducing new font-family symbols.
Furthermore, it implements per-font scaling (e.g., to match the x-heights
of different fonts used in the document).  No attempt has been made for
auto-detection of the x-height of a font; I guess that would require
delving into the C++-Pango parts, which is above my threshold.

expert font selection: first attempt

allows to choose fonts used in a fine-grained manner, bypassing the
default auto-generated pango-font-description strings

add example for make-expert-font-tree as regtest

http://codereview.appspot.com/108700043