Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3999 in lilypond: Make tablature half-note ste

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3999 in lilypond: Make tablature half-note stem-spacing adjustable.
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2014 17:33:02 +0000

Comment #5 on issue 3999 by address@hidden: Make tablature half-note stem-spacing adjustable.

Just to reply the error message when doing make check is often during a run of multiple .ly files and even if I throttle it down to just 1 CPU (i.e. one thread) you can still get a dozen or so *.ily files being processed at once.

All I get is a snippet-list. Unless the snippet-list is glaringly obvious with its own error output other than 'Error 1 from Child process' or somesuch message, it can be tricky and timeconsuming to locate the problem. I just didn't have that much time this morning, I even re-ran the test with 1 CPU in case that would help; it didn't.

Unless i can easily grep the error message in amongst all the ./out/lybook-test/... files that are generated during the make check it can take a long long time - a lot of the reg tests have built in 'This should report as an error' or 'programming error' messages they generate (the latter being not ideal and I have logged a number of trackers about this,) and although they are not enough to break make check themselves it makes it a PITA to locate a corresponding message for the one that does.

So sometimes I can find the message sometimes I just cannot (at least not quickly). It just depends on what is broken.