Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3994 in lilypond: Change "dash-details" to "da

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3994 in lilypond: Change "dash-details" to "dash-definition".
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2014 22:50:12 +0000

Comment #4 on issue 3994 by address@hidden: Change "dash-details" to "dash-definition".

David Kastrup wrote:
What's the rationale behind this change?

In April 2009, Carl Sorensen pushed 3 big patches:
  6467c63  Update dashed slurs to have variable thickness.
  32f5956  Improved implementation of dashed slurs.
  8625651  Update to dashed-slur package

Among other things these patches added a new grob property 'dash-definition for Slur and Arpeggio. In some of the non-core files (docs, convert-rules), he mistakenly typed 'dash-details instead of 'dash-definition. See for example:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git;a=commitdiff;h=32f5956;hp=0dd62de#patch16

My patch here corrects his mistake.

"details" is used elsewhere to indicate a subordinate alist.

Not exclusively. We have things like 'space-alist and 'staff-staff-spacing. Also, 'dash-definition isn't really a list of nested property assignments -- '(sub-property . value) -- like the other 'details props. So I think the name 'dash-definition is fine to keep.

Also I don't think you are supposed to meddle with the po
files since they are maintained by the translation teams.

Maybe not, but in this case since nothing's being "translated" (just corrected) I thought it was okay, no?

- Mark