Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3887 in lilypond: Using non-default font size

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3887 in lilypond: Using non-default font size results in uneven
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2014 16:41:52 +0000

Comment #5 on issue 3887 by address@hidden: Using non-default font size results in uneven

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your input. It's a good starting point, but I'm not sure if it's the right way to go. In your example, the output looks fine:

%%%%

magnifyStaff =
#(define-music-function (parser location mag) (number?)
   (_i "Magnify the notation of @var{mus}, including the
staff-size, using @var{mag} as a size factor.  Stems, beams,
slurs, and ties are adjusted automatically.")
   #{
     \set Staff.fontSize = #(magnification->font-size mag)
     \override Staff.StaffSymbol.staff-space = #mag
   #})

\score {
  <<
    \new Staff \relative {
      c'8. c16
      \tuplet 5/4 { c16 c c c c }
    }
    \new Staff \with { \magnifyStaff 0.56 } \relative {
      \tuplet 5/4 {
        \override Score.SpacingSpanner.spacing-increment = #(* 1.2 0.56)
        c'16 c c c
        \newSpacingSection
        \revert Score.SpacingSpanner.spacing-increment
      }
      c8. c16
    }

}

%%%%

But... if you increase \override Score.SpacingSpanner.spacing-increment from

#(* 1.2 0.56)

to let's say

#(* 1.2 1.56)

then spacing becomes uneven. My point is that proper fix should make all beamed notes equally-spaced *regardless* of spacing-incrment value.

I hope you get what I mean :-)

Best
Karol