Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3887 in lilypond: Using non-default font size

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3887 in lilypond: Using non-default font size results in uneven
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2014 05:39:35 +0000

Updates:
        Cc: address@hidden

Comment #3 on issue 3887 by address@hidden: Using non-default font size results in uneven

This might not be a bug. In this case, I think the Score.SpacingSpanner.spacing-increment property is just too large for the smaller notes. Probably, what you want is this, which scales down everything in the one staff, including the staff-height:

\score {
  <<
    \new Staff { c'8. c'16 }
    \new Staff \with {
      fontSize = -5
      \override StaffSymbol.staff-space = #(magstep -5)
    }
    { \tuplet 5/4 { c'16 c'16 c'16 c'16 c'16 } }

  \layout {
    \context {
      \Score
      \override SpacingSpanner.spacing-increment = #(* 1.2 (magstep -5))
    }
  }
}

When I get around to it, I'd like to add some sort of interface to the code base to simplify this kind of thing. But it's possible you may want this instead, which scales down the music, but not the staff-height (you'll need a very recent snapshot -- 2.19.8):

\version "2.19.8"

\score {
  <<
    \new Staff { c'8. c'16 }
    \new Staff {
      \magnifyMusic #(magstep -5) {
        \tuplet 5/4 { c'16 c'16 c'16 c'16 c'16 }
      }
    }

}

Hope this helps.