Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3907 in lilypond: Patch: Moves the Box class t

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3907 in lilypond: Patch: Moves the Box class to flower/ in a new class called FlowerBox. Wraps FlowerBox as Box smob in lily/
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 08:10:09 +0000

Comment #4 on issue 3907 by address@hidden: Patch: Moves the Box class to flower/ in a new class called FlowerBox. Wraps FlowerBox as Box smob in lily/

Also, the idea is to eventually speed things up by using libraries like boost geometry for skylines. I think that the skyline code will be easier to maintain and faster if we make it a wrapper around a stable library like boost, which does heavy lifting for corner cases, merging, etc.. But does that not fit with the Scheme object model?

In general, it would be nice if Scheme objects were simply wrappers around C++ classes, but if this causes tons of copying and inefficiency then it's not worth it.