Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3884 in lilypond: Patch: Add on-page-greater-t

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3884 in lilypond: Patch: Add on-page-greater-than, -less-than (on-the-fly)
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 05:23:10 +0000

Comment #5 on issue 3884 by address@hidden: Patch: Add on-page-greater-than, -less-than (on-the-fly)

Thanks for the cc on comment #4. I hadn't seen comment #2 before. I've just starred the issue so I'm on board now.

Reworking the design instead sounds like it might be a good idea, although I haven't really thought it through. One idea would be to just pass the operator as an argument. So one could write:

  (on-page = 1)
  (on-page > 1)
  (on-page < 8)

That would cover those three cases without adding to the list of ready-made procedures. Then, if we wanted to trim down the list, we could remove "first-page" and "not-first-page" since those can be achieved with (on-page = 1) and (on-page > 1).

Replacing "last-page" is trickier, but maybe there's a way to let the user supply it as an argument (instead of a page number), so that one could write something like the following (which could replace "last-page" and "not-last-page"):

  (on-page = last-page)
  (on-page < last-page)

Although, you're thinking of something more comprehensive. However, I think it's already possible to use a procedure written in scheme here (i.e. directly). The procedures in that list are just some "ready-made" shortcuts. (The docs could probably make this more explicit.) So I think we already have what you're thinking of, unless I'm missing something?