Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3878 in lilypond: MIDI lyrics start at 0 even

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3878 in lilypond: MIDI lyrics start at 0 even when music doesn't
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 19:20:16 +0000

Comment #17 on issue 3878 by address@hidden: MIDI lyrics start at 0 even when music doesn't

Is midiOffset useful? I think users trying to synchronize MIDI from multiple scores would find it more obvious to simply add rests: { \grace s4 ... } or << {...} \grace s4 >> accomplish the same thing, and the latter can be done blindly whether or not there are already initial grace notes.

That doesn't always work without first_mom, since it needs to see initial grace rests. Synchronizing staves in one score (the more important use case) is easier -- finding the first Audio_item (as in my first patch) is enough for that. How complex is first_mom?