Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3878 in lilypond: MIDI lyrics start at 0 even

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3878 in lilypond: MIDI lyrics start at 0 even when music doesn't
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 15:12:27 +0000

Comment #11 on issue 3878 by address@hidden: MIDI lyrics start at 0 even when music doesn't

Well, I have a problem getting behind the logic of output processing: Midi and Layout processing appear to be utterly different. If the global context is not referenced beyond a certain point, part of the reason may be so that its memory can be (or has already been) reclaimed. Since a whole context hierarchy and property system can be hung off it, that can constitute some memory that would be nice to be available for cooking up the PDF or some Midi details.

But that's pure speculation on my part. I don't really have an idea whether there is some idea behind the separation. Is Music_output::process still early enough to avoid the backwards in time warning? Maybe we should pass the start time to process? Does that get the information where we need it?