[Lilypond-auto] Issue 3841 in lilypond: Docs: Repeats: follow-up for iss

From: lilypond
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3841 in lilypond: Docs: Repeats: follow-up for issue 355 and 3792
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2014 06:46:28 +0000

Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Documentation

New issue 3841 by address@hidden: Docs: Repeats: follow-up for issue 355 and 3792

The fix for issue 355 (with its follow-up issue 3792) resolves the problem with repeats starting mid-bar.

The documented work-around in NR 1.4.1
http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/long-repeats#normal-repeats
after "When alternate endings are added to a repeat that begins with an incomplete measure," is no longer needed. The example could be moved to a regression test; we need some regression test for the concept of volta repeats staring mid-measure.

So long as the repeated portion lasts an integral number of bars, LilyPond now figures the timing correctly. (Repeated portions always an integral number of bars in practice; if they were not the bar-lines would fall in different places each time through the repeated portion, an the we would either write the music without bar-lines or unfold the repeat.)

It might be efficient to rewrite two confusing regression tests at the same time,
http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=3792#c5
(Eventually, I'll push revised tests that make more sense.)