Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3761 in lilypond: LeftEdge no longer takes up

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3761 in lilypond: LeftEdge no longer takes up space
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 07:13:51 +0000

Comment #19 on issue 3761 by address@hidden: LeftEdge no longer takes up space

No new ideas.

The old behavior stated a new Staff at measure 8, so there would be a clef printed just before the barline marked '8', but given the way the line break fell at bar 8, that clef was removed before printing.

The ghost of that clef pushed the LeftEdge of the 'breakable' group of items at bar-line 8 to the left, clef to mark new Staff to be created at measure 8, but then removed that clef and the before printing given how the line breaks worked out.

LilyPond with push bar numbers left of clefs and change-clefs if we ask her to make LeftEdges,
  { \override Score.BarNumber #'break-visibility = ##(#t #t #t)
    \override Score.LeftEdge #'break-visibility = ##(#t #t #t)
    << {g'1 g' g'}
    \new Staff {b1 b \clef bass b} >> }
but I am fairly sure we do not want that at the end-of-line by default, so keep this patch as it went in.