Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3815 in lilypond: Patch: Parser: harmonize \ly

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3815 in lilypond: Patch: Parser: harmonize \lyricsto and \addlyrics arguments
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 15:12:21 +0000

Updates:
        Labels: -Type-Enhancement Type-Maintainability

Comment #9 on issue 3815 by address@hidden: Patch: Parser: harmonize \lyricsto and \addlyrics arguments

This is actually reining in \lyricsto rather heavily. Basically, you can use it like \lyricmode: putting context creation commands or music functions right behind it without additional braces is not possible any more. Since the bleedover of lyric mode has ugly consequences, and since more permissive closed subsets will only facilitate "I don't know what exactly I can use after \lyricsto" confusion, I think that basically clamping down the permissible permutations to a subset working with other mode-changing commands makes sense.

It would probably make sense to follow this up with tightening the documentation accordingly.

I'm giving this a "Maintainability" tag. While it has been triggered by a bug report, the bug is a fringe consequence of \lyricsto's previous behavior.