Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3592 in lilypond: \lyrics depracated

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3592 in lilypond: \lyrics depracated
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 12:05:24 +0000

Comment #8 on issue 3592 by address@hidden: \lyrics depracated

Taking stock of uses of \lyrics, we have
Documentation/learning/tweaks.itely:
VerseOne = \lyrics {
  E -- | ter -- nal \emphasize Fa -- ther, | \normal strong to save,
}
[...]
      \new Lyrics \lyricsto "Soprano" { \VerseOne }

Wrong I think (creates two Lyrics contexts as far as I can see).

Documentation/notation/spacing.itely:
  \new Lyrics { \lyrics { \skip 1*2 | \labelContext "Lyrics" ghijk1 | } }

As above

Documentation/music-glossary.tely:
A number of orderly uses, but also:
   \context Lyrics \lyrics {

Would also seem wrong.

Documentation/snippets: 3 uses, all correct.

input/regression: 10 uses, apparently all correct.

So the two remaining occurences in the main documentation are wrong.