Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3592 in lilypond: \lyrics depracated

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3592 in lilypond: \lyrics depracated
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 02:15:22 +0000

Comment #4 on issue 3592 by address@hidden: \lyrics depracated

Actually, I just discovered in Documentation/notation/percussion.itely:
@node Basic percussion notation
@unnumberedsubsubsec Basic percussion notation

@cindex percussion
@cindex drums

Percussion notes may be entered in @code{\drummode} mode, which is
similar to the standard mode for entering notes.  The simplest way
to enter percussion notes is to use the @code{\drums} command,
which creates the correct context and entry mode for percussion:

@lilypond[quote,verbatim]
\drums {
  hihat4 hh bassdrum bd
}
@end lilypond

This is shorthand for:

@lilypond[quote,verbatim]
\new DrumStaff {
  \drummode {
    hihat4 hh bassdrum bd
  }
}
@end lilypond

This is in the manual at <URL:http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/common-notation-for-percussion#basic-percussion-notation>.

So we clearly have sort of a mixed relation to the shorthand context/mode commands. Maybe we should at some time make a decision to what degree we want to embrace them, and then settle on a documentation strategy.