Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 621 in lilypond: Dynamics should avoid cross-s

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 621 in lilypond: Dynamics should avoid cross-staff BarLines (e.g. GrandStaff, PianoStaff etc)
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 15:32:53 +0000

Updates:
        Labels: -Priority-Medium

Comment #17 on issue 621 by address@hidden: Dynamics should avoid cross-staff BarLines (e.g. GrandStaff, PianoStaff etc)

Well, this is butt-ugly. I propose that we use at least \override DynamicText.extra-spacing-width = ##f for those staff grouping contexts that have span bars. They are clearly looking bad. The argument "human typesetters don't adjust the spacing for dynamics" doesn't count as long as we don't have flexible placement of dynamics. Human typesetters will let the dynamics be a bit non-centered in order to avoid crossing the span bars.