Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3741 in lilypond: In lyrics, hyphens are added

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3741 in lilypond: In lyrics, hyphens are added to words in version 2.16.2 only if the word crosses a barline
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 13:58:56 +0000

Comment #2 on issue 3741 by address@hidden: In lyrics, hyphens are added to words in version 2.16.2 only if the word crosses a barline

Thanks for the information. I was submitting the report because my output
did not match the output in the documentation, when using the code from the
documentation. So this is still something to be checked out. Overall, I am
thrilled to be using Lilipond and think it is an amazing piece of
engineering (and aesthetics).

As for this site, it does not live up to Lilypond's engineering quality:

http://post.gmane.org/post.php?group=gmane.comp.gnu.lilypond.bugs

I tried several times to put in a bug report and the site rejected it. It
told me I was "top-posting," which is a ridiculous misapplication of a term
from email. Knowing that the documentation did not match my output, I
thought it appropriate to go post to the main site. But thanks for
explaining stuff to me. I won't be arbitrarily posting bug reports--I don't
normally do it at all.

Andy