Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3674 in lilypond: Multiprocessor builds fail o

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3674 in lilypond: Multiprocessor builds fail on some platforms
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 16:46:40 +0000

Comment #6 on issue 3674 by address@hidden: Multiprocessor builds fail on some platforms

"David I seem to have a patch that I can reproduce the multiprocessor stuff." is a bit unclear. If you are saying that issue 3718 fails in the same manner on 6 CPUs on two machines, that's good. Rereading the original report, it seems unlikely that the patch on countdown would fix _that_ though it's still a good idea independently.

Can you check out which of the multiprocessor aspects is responsible by doing
make -j6 CPU_COUNT=1
(parallel build)
vs
make -j1 CPU_COUNT=6
(LilyPond job splitting)
?

Hopefully exactly one of those would fail.