[Lilypond-auto] Issue 3716 in lilypond: website: point strongly to Fresc

From: lilypond
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3716 in lilypond: website: point strongly to Frescobaldi/Denemo (for new users)
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2013 22:58:40 +0000

Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Documentation

New issue 3716 by address@hidden: website: point strongly to Frescobaldi/Denemo (for new users)

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2013-12/msg00272.html

Modify the LilyPond website and Learning Manual to point
strongly to Frescobaldi and maybe Denemo as the recommended
starting points for new users, rather than downloading just LP.
These then become the primary LP entry points for new users.

Denemo already bundles lilypond in the windows and mac binaries. Denemo developer is not sure about linux, but I _believe_ it is bundled in linux as well, because in debian sid lilypond is recommended, not a dependency:

$ apt-cache depends denemo | grep lilypond
  Recommends: lilypond

Frescobaldi team is thinking about adding a prompt to install lilypond:
https://github.com/wbsoft/frescobaldi/issues/313

I think that, when this is implemented in Frescobaldi, someone can tackle this issue.