[Lilypond-auto] Issue 3713 in lilypond: default for baseline-skip not av

From: lilypond
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3713 in lilypond: default for baseline-skip not available while calling column-markup-command in the lists for repeatCommands
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2013 22:02:17 +0000

Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect

New issue 3713 by address@hidden: default for baseline-skip not available while calling column-markup-command in the lists for repeatCommands

Report:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2013-12/msg00044.html

I get a compiler error if I use column command in Score.repeatCommands.
When I remove "column" then it works, but the message is to long for
measure.

Example:
\version "2.16.0"

voltaToNextSong = \markup {\text \column {"to go to" "next song" } }
voltaToFinish = \markup {\text "to finish"}

\relative c'' {
        \set Score.repeatCommands = #'(start-repeat)
        b1
        \set Score.repeatCommands = #(list (list 'volta voltaToFinish))
\set Score.repeatCommands = #(list 'end-repeat (list 'volta #f) (list
'volta voltaToNextSong))
        \set Score.repeatCommands = #'((volta #f))
}

produce:
d:/Program Files
(x86)/LilyPond/usr/share/lilypond/current/scm/stencil.scm:80:22: In
procedure max in expression (max (+ # padding ...) baseline):
d:/Program Files
(x86)/LilyPond/usr/share/lilypond/current/scm/stencil.scm:80:22: Wrong type: #f

Comment by Harm:

I could confirm it with 2.17.96.

Seems the default for baseline-skip isn't available while calling any
column-markup-command in the lists for repeatCommands.

A quick fix would be to change the baseline-skip-properties in those
commands to:
 #:properties ((baseline-skip 3))
I don't know if a better fix could be integrated in
repeat-acknowledge-engraver.cc, that's beyond my expertise.

A workaround for your example would be to explecitely declare the baseline-skip:

\version "2.16.0"

voltaToNextSong =
  \markup \override #'(baseline-skip . 1)
  {