Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2658 in lilypond: wrong stem rendering (incons

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2658 in lilypond: wrong stem rendering (inconsistent thickness)
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2013 23:58:06 +0000

Comment #104 on issue 2658 by address@hidden: wrong stem rendering (inconsistent thickness)

What about actually changing the stems from rounded rectangles to lines?

Janek, you can easily try that, and didn't we try that a few months ago?

I asked someone with the affected PDF previewer to try replacing round-filled-box in output-ps.scm with something that draws a single line for boxes where the lines along the sides overlap. You don't need to recompile to try this. Maybe I should have put in a fudge factor, since stems are near-exactly two linewidths thick, by default.

(define (round-filled-box left right bottom top blotdiam)
  (let* ((halfblot (/ blotdiam 2))
         (y (- halfblot bottom))
         (height (- top (+ halfblot y)))
         ;; If the lines along the sides of the box (nearly) overlap
         ;;  then use one line of the width of the box
         (linewidth (if (>= (* 2.2 blotdiam) ;; fudge 2 to 2.2
                            (+ left right))
                      (+ left right)
                      blotdiam))
         (halfwidth (/ linewidth 2))