Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3678 in lilypond: turkish accidental "eksik ba

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3678 in lilypond: turkish accidental "eksik bakiye" missing in emmentaler font
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 18:07:47 +0000

Comment #3 on issue 3678 by address@hidden: turkish accidental "eksik bakiye" missing in emmentaler font

Yes, it's the character 212 in the "pertout.com" microtonal font.
Drawing the eksik bakiye character is not difficult with fontforge, but the export of the modified emmentaler font generates error in compiling score with lilypond, complaining the lack of LILY tables in the font, SFNT font table missing, displacing stems of the notes ... the generation of the emmentaler font is very obscure and my search on the web gives just about nothing ...

Sorry for my "strange" english, and thanks for your interest and links !

On Thu, 28 Nov 2013 15:09:59 +0100
Hans Aberg <address@hidden> wrote:

[Moved to the thread to lilypond-devel, where it might be more visible.]

On 21 Nov 2013, at 09:55, Philippe Ploquin <address@hidden> wrote:

> The accidental called "eksik bakiye" is missing in lilypond. It is mentioned > in the manual, but does not appear in the "makam.ly" file or by searching in > the emmentaler fonts. This accidental is a sort of sharp and increase the > note by about 3/9 "koma". It looks like a sharp with only a single vertical
> bar and one horizontal or oblique bar.

I guess it is [1], #212, from the font mentioned towards the bottom of [2], discussed at [3], which has some other microtonal accidentals as well, including Persian koron #249, and sori #248.

1. http://www.pertout.com/Microtonal%20Notation%20Font.pdf
2. http://www.pertout.com/PhD2007Introduction.htm
3. http://musescore.org/en/node/11423

--